The town of Trevose, PA, and the surrounding area is home to many postsecondary institutions. We use the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare and contrast the non-specialty institutions in the area to help students find schools that meet their needs.
Closest Schools to Trevose, Pennsylvania
The closest schools to Trevose are a fairly even mix of 2-year and 4-year institutions. However, the closest schools are entirely private institutions.
- Strayer University-Lower Bucks County Campus (located downtown)
- Strayer University-Pennsylvania (located downtown)
- Cairn University-Langhorne (2.2 miles from downtown)
- Bryn Athyn College of the New Church (4.5 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Levittown (5.1 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Trevose, Pennsylvania
For students who want to attend a larger school, there are twenty-five schools near Trevose that have more than 1,000 students, including five that have more than 10,000 students. A few of the larger schools in the area offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Temple University (38,007 students)
- Drexel University (25,595 students)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,876 students)
- Community College of Philadelphia (18,966 students)
- Montgomery County Community College (12,372 students)
Lowest Net Price
Another consideration when contemplating schools is the cost of attendance. Net price is the average cost for full-time, in-state undergraduate students that considers the total cost of attendance minus the average amount of financial aid awarded. The 2014-2015 net prices for all schools in the area (including specialty schools) ranged from about $5,000 to over $40,000.
- Community College of Philadelphia ($6,442)
- Bucks County Community College ($7,646)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682)
- Peirce College ($7,916)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Abington ($12,351)
Highest Graduation Rate
Applicants may also want to consider graduation rates that are the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate from a school within 150% of the 'normal' time frame. For bachelor's degree seekers, a normal time to completion is six years, according to the NCES. All schools in the area had graduation rates that ranged from 0% to 95% for 2015.
- University of Pennsylvania (95% graduation rate)
- Haverford College (90% graduation rate)
- Saint Joseph's University (79% graduation rate)
- University of the Sciences (72% graduation rate)
- Temple University (71% graduation rate)
Trevose, PA, is close to many public and private schools that give students a wide choice in school location, size, price, and graduation rates.