Students have a number of different choices when considering schools in and around Troy, Ohio, with options ranging from 4-year, public and private universities to community colleges. With data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), you will learn which schools are closest to the city, have the largest student populations, lowest net prices, and highest graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Troy, Ohio
Three out of the five schools nearest to Troy, Ohio, are community colleges. If you intend to study within about 20 miles from the city, you have several choices. The majority of these institutions offer certificate and undergraduate programs.
- Edison State Community College (8.2 miles)
- Sinclair Community College (19.2 miles)
- Wright State University-Main Campus (19.6 miles)
- Clark State Community College (20.1 miles)
- Wittenberg University (20.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Troy, Ohio
In Fall 2014, Sinclair Community College, a 2-year public institution, had the largest student population nearby Troy, Ohio. The total student population was 19,093, all of whom were undergraduates. Other schools with large student populations in the Troy area were a mixture of public and private not-for-profit universities and community colleges.
- Wright State University-Main Campus (16,842 students: 12,682 undergraduates)
- University of Dayton (11,343 students: 8,529 undergraduates)
- Clark State Community College (5,969 students: all undergraduates)
- Edison State Community College (3,042 students: all undergraduates)
- Wittenberg University (1,964 students: 1,948 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
Schools' net prices are calculated by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by full-time undergraduate students from the standard cost of in-state attendance. In the 2014-2015 school year, net prices in Troy, Ohio, ranged from around $5,000 to more than $31,000. But students may find the schools with the lowest net prices in the area in the following list:
- Clark State Community College ($5,174)
- Sinclair Community College ($5,302)
- Edison State Community College ($7,766)
- Wright State University-Main Campus ($13,172)
- Urbana University ($16,720)
Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rates can demonstrate how effective a school is at enabling students to attain desired credentials. The NCES reports graduation rates for full-time, beginning undergraduate students, allowing for 150% of the normal completion time (for instance, 6 years on a 4-year bachelor's degree program). In 2015, traditional schools with the highest graduation rates in the Troy area included:
- University of Dayton (79%)
- Wittenberg University (64%)
- Wright State University-Main Campus (40%)
- Urbana University (40%)
- Edison State Community College (21%)
Using the information provided by the NCES, you can properly consider the school choices available in Troy, Ohio if cost, school size, location, or program completion rates are important to you.