The following data is for colleges and universities near Tukwila, Washington. Discover net prices, graduation rates, and student populations, based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Tukwila, Washington
Within six miles of downtown Tukwila, there are 15 colleges and universities. For prospective students looking to study near the city, consider the following schools:
- South Seattle College (located 1.9 miles from downtown)
- Seattle Central College (located 5.2 miles from downtown)
- Seattle University (located 5.2 miles from downtown)
- Antioch University - Seattle (located 5.7 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University - Seattle (located 5.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Tukwila, Washington
The five largest schools near Tukwila are located less than 20 miles from downtown. They all had more than 4,500 undergraduates for the 2014-2015 year. If studying in a large school is important for you, look into the following options:
- University of Washington - Seattle Campus (45,408 students; 31,063 undergraduates)
- Bellevue College (13,398 students, all undergraduates)
- Edmonds Community College (8,571 students, all undergraduates)
- Green River College (8,153 students, all undergraduates)
- Seattle University (7,405 students; 4,602 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
Twenty-one schools within a 24-mile radius of downtown had net prices lower than $10,000 for 2014-2015. The five lowest costs, outside of non-specialty schools, were at colleges less than 22 miles from downtown. The NCES finds these amounts by subtracting the average financial aid from the total program cost for undergraduates studying full-time.
- Seattle Central College ($3,783)
- North Seattle College ($5,011)
- Renton Technical College ($5,812)
- Bates Technical College ($6,100)
- Olympic College ($6,130)
Highest Graduation Rates
Not counting specialty schools, the three highest graduation rates for 2015 were at universities within 21 miles of downtown. Five universities had graduation rates at 70% or more. The NCES calculates these percentages using full-time undergraduates who complete their program in 150% or less of the normal amount of time.
- University of Washington - Seattle Campus (84% graduation rate)
- Seattle University (79% graduation rate)
- University of Puget Sound (78% graduation rate)
- Seattle Pacific University (71% graduation rate)
- University of Washington - Bothell Campus (70% graduation rate)
If you are looking for schools with large student populations, low costs, or high graduation rates, there are multiple institutions to consider near Tukwila, Washington.