According to the NCES, there are eight New Jersey public and private non-for-profit post-secondary schools within 25 miles of Turnersville, NJ. Seven of these are non-specialty schools that offer a variety of programs. We will compare a few of these schools in the following categories using statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics:
Closest Schools to Turnersville, New Jersey
For many people wanting to stay close to home, long commutes to schools are an unfortunate necessity. However for student in Turnersville, NJ there are a few close-to-home options. Here are the five closest schools and their distances.
- Camden County College (in downtown)
- Rowan College at Gloucester County (4.2 miles from downtown)
- Rowan University (7.5 miles from downtown)
- Rutgers University-Camden (11.7 miles from downtown)
- Cumberland County College (22.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Turnersville, New Jersey
Larger schools usually offer a greater variety of courses, extracurricular activities and networking opportunities. According the NCES these were the five largest schools near Turnersville, NJ in 2015.
- Rowan University (16,155 enrolled students)
- Camden County College (11,263 enrolled students)
- Rowan College at Burlington County (8,762 enrolled students)
- Rowan College at Gloucester County (6,836 enrolled students)
- Rutgers University-Camden (6,408 enrolled students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
A school's net price is defined by the NCES as the total cost of attendance as a full-time undergraduate student less the amount of money received through government or institutional financial aid. Prices for schools in the Turnersville, NJ area range from just over $5,000 to more than $18,000 per year. The following institutions had the lowest net prices in the region for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Salem Community College ($5,401)
- Rowan College at Burlington County ($6,972)
- Rowan College at Gloucester County ($7,150)
- Cumberland County College ($7,909)
- Camden County College ($7,990)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's overall graduation rate is the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who are able to graduate within 150% of the time typically required by their respective programs. Schools in the Turnersville area have a range of graduation rates from 15% to 67%. The following schools are ranked as having the five highest graduation rates in the region as of 2015.
- Rowan University (67% graduation rate)
- Rutgers University-Camden (57% graduation rate)
- Salem Community College (28% graduation rate)
- Cumberland County College (26% graduation rate)
- Rowan College at Gloucester County (23% graduation rate)
We hope this information will help you make a more informed decision regarding which schools you want to apply to in the Turnersville, NJ area.