There are numerous schools that offer programs in television production at the certificate, associate, and bachelor's degree levels. Programs may focus on television production but can also include related areas such as film or video editing.
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Photo, Film and Video Tech
- Radio and Television Broadcasting
- Recording Arts
10 Schools with Television Production Programs
The following schools offer programs in television production:
|College/University||Location||Institution Type||Degrees Offered||Tuition (2015-2016)*|
|Arizona State University||Phoenix, AZ||4-year, Public||Bachelor's||In-state: $10,158; Out-of-state: $25,458|
|Miami Dade College||Miami, FL||4-year, Public||Certificate, Bachelor's||In-state: $2,834; Out-of-state: $9,661|
|University of Florida||Gainesville, FL||4-year, Public||Bachelor's||In-state: $6,381; Out-of-state: $28,659|
|University of Central Florida||Orlando, FL||4-year, Public||Bachelor's||In-state: $6,368; Out-of-state: $22,467|
|The University of Texas at Austin||Austin, TX||4-year, Public||Bachelor's, Master's||In-state: $9,806; Out-of-state: $34,676|
|Michigan State University||East Lansing, MI||4-year, Public||Bachelor's||In-state: $13,560; Out-of-state: $36,360|
|New York University||New York, NY||4-year, Private||Bachelor's||$47,750|
|University of Arizona||Tucson, AZ||4-year, Public||Bachelor's||In-state: $11,403; Out-of-state: $32,630|
|California State University - Long Beach||Long Beach, CA||4-year, Public||Bachelor's||In-state: $6,452; Out-of-state: $17,612|
|University of Houston||Houston, TX||4-year, Public||Bachelor'||In-state: $8,759; Out-of-state: $20,519|
*Source: National Center for Educational Statistics
School Selection Criteria
Individuals interested in programs that focus on television production should consider the following when looking at schools:
- There are a number of different areas of focus within television production, so students should research programs to see if they offer a specialization that is in-line with their career goals.
- Students can find a lower-cost program by looking at public schools within their home state.
- A bachelor's degree program may take longer to complete, but it could give graduates an edge in competitive markets.
- Students' decision of what school to attend may be influenced by the technology and facilities available at a given school.
A number of public and private schools either offer degrees in television production or teach the foundations of television production as part of a broader media curriculum. There are many job options for individuals who pursue a degree in television production, so it is important to consider one's career goals when selecting a program.