There are multiple schools near Vienna, and the schools themselves have a lot of separate distinctions. There are 4-year public and private schools, specialty schools, and even community colleges. The traditional schools in the area differ in other ways as well, and we use the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to compare them in several categories.
Closest Schools to Vienna, Virginia
The closest schools to Vienna tend to be 2-year (or less) specialty schools, but there are a few 4-year schools available. Most of the 4-year institutions offer graduate degree programs.
- University of the Potomac-VA Campus (3.1 miles from downtown)
- Columbia College (3.4 miles from downtown)
- Northern Virginia Community College (4.5 miles from downtown)
- Marymount University (5 miles from downtown)
- Strayer University-Virginia (6.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Vienna, Virginia
The majority of the large institutions near Vienna are private schools. However, the two largest schools are public. Overall, student populations in the area range from fewer than 100 students to over 10,000 students.
- Northern Virginia Community College (52,078 students)
- George Mason University (33,929 students)
- Strayer University-Virginia (6,473 students)
- Marymount University (3,363 students)
- Stratford University (3,303 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The average net price for a college or university is determined by subtracting the average amount of government or institutional financial aid a full-time undergraduate student receives from the total cost of attendance. According to figures from NCES, the Vienna vicinity mainstream schools had net costs below $26,000 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Northern Virginia Community College ($8,965)
- Columbia College ($9,793)
- University of Management and Technology ($12,801)
- Argosy University-Washington DC ($14,471)
- George Mason University ($17,316)
Highest Graduation Rate
There are a few traditional schools in the Vienna area that have graduation rates of 50% or greater for 2015. The overall graduation rates reflect the number of full-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of normal program completion time.
- George Mason University (69% graduation rate)
- Columbia College (62% graduation rate)
- Marymount University (50% graduation rate)
- Stratford University (40% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (39% graduation rate)
Vienna, VA, is home to a mix of public and private institutions that give students several different choices in location, size, price, and graduation rates when selecting the right school.