Students seeking a school in or near Villanova, Pennsylvania, can find a diverse blend of public and private colleges and universities in the area. The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) provides relevant information on many of these schools.
Closest Schools to Villanova, Pennsylvania
Only one school is located within Villanova itself and that is Villanova University. Founded in 1842, Villanova is a private, Roman Catholic university convenient to Philadelphia. Schools close to Villanova, Pennsylvania, include:
- Cabrini University (1.0 miles)
- Eastern University (1.0 miles)
- Bryn Mawr College (1.6 miles)
- Harcum College (1.6 miles)
- Rosemont College (1.6 miles)
Largest Schools Near Villanova, Pennsylvania
At a large school, you may have the chance to study alongside students from a wide range of backgrounds. There are several large universities near Villanova. If you picture yourself at a school with a large student body, one of these five may be right for you.
- Temple University (38,007 students)
- Drexel University (25,595 students)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,876 students)
- Community College of Philadelphia (18,966 students)
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (16,597 students)
Lowest Net Price
The net price for a school, as determined by the NCES, is the total cost of attendance minus the average financial aid package for a full-time undergraduate student. The following are the traditional colleges and universities near Villanova with the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Community College of Philadelphia ($6,442 per year)
- Delaware County Community College ($6,686 per year)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682 per year)
- Peirce College ($7,916 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Abington ($12,351 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
By looking at graduation rate, you can often get an idea of the quality of the academic experience at a school. The NCES calculates this statistic by finding the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finish their chosen programs within 150% of the expected completion time. These five schools had the highest graduation rates in the Villanova area, according to data from students who finished in 2015.
- University of Pennsylvania (95%)
- Swarthmore College (94%)
- Haverford College (90%)
- Villanova University (90%)
- Bryn Mawr College (85%)
Overall, with over one hundred options to choose from, prospective students in the Villanova, Pennsylvania, area can benefit from looking at NCES data on nearby schools.