While there are several specialty institutions nearby, we'll be focusing on the traditional post-secondary schools in the Warrensburg, MO, area that offer a variety of program options. The available schools are compared using various data provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Warrensburg, MO
The closest traditional schools To Warrensburg are within 40 miles of the downtown area. Two of the schools are public institutions and three are private non-profit colleges or universities.
- University of Central Missouri (located downtown)
- State Fair Community College (27.5 miles)
- National American University-Lee's Summit (37.7 miles)
- Missouri Valley College (37.8 miles)
- National American University-Independence (39.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near Warrensburg, MO
If you prefer attending a school with a large student population, there are a few universities, one of which that is actually in Warrensburg, that have a fairly large student bodies. A two-year community college is also among the largest institutions within 50 miles of Warrensburg.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (16,685 students)
- University of Central Missouri (14,395 students)
- State Fair Community College (4,934 students)
- Rockhurst University (2,825 students)
- Avila University (1,885 students)
Lowest Net Price
The cost to attend a school can be a deciding factor when selecting a college or university. The NCES calculates the net price to attend a school by subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded to a full-time undergraduate student from the cost of tuition, fees, books and other expenses. The traditional universities and colleges close to Warrensburg that had the lowest net prices in 2014-2015, according to the NCES, ranged from around $4,600 to $19,000.
- State Fair Community College ($4,577)
- University of Central Missouri ($13,567)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City ($14,197)
- Missouri Valley College ($18,699)
- National American University-Independence ($18,971)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES' graduation rates include the undergraduate, full-time students who finished their programs within the normal time as well as the students who graduate within 150% of the program's standard time. Per data from the NCES, these schools have the highest overall graduation rates for the region of Warrensburg in 2015.
- Rockhurst University (71%)
- William Jewell College (62%)
- Avila University (55%)
- University of Central Missouri (52%)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (50%)
To summarize, there is only one four-year university in the city of Warrensburg, MO, and the next closest university is roughly 40 miles away; however, there are several other schools within 50 miles of downtown that have varying net costs, graduation rates, and enrollment figures that may be suitable based on your criteria.