The Warwick area is home to a variety of post-secondary schools, including a community college, an Ivy League university, and several public and private institutions. It might be helpful in your research to take note of the information provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) concerning school distances, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates.
Closest Schools to Warwick, Rhode Island
If you intend to study in Warwick, Rhode Island, then you might want to consider the Community College of Rhode Island since it is located in the city itself. But you also have several other options within a convenient distance of about 9 miles. Aside from the community college, all these institutions nearby Warwick offer undergraduate and graduate level programs.
- New England Institute of Technology (5.1 miles)
- Johnson & Wales University-Providence (8.3 miles)
- Providence College (8.3 miles)
- Brown University (8.7 miles)
- Roger Williams University (9.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Warwick, Rhode Island
The school nearest to the Warwick area with the largest student body was the University of Rhode Island with a student population in Fall 2014 of 16,613. Other large schools in the area have an enrollment ranging between 5,000 to 16,000 students.
- Community College of Rhode Island (16,195 students)
- Brown University (9,458 students)
- Johnson & Wales University-Providence (9,454 students)
- Rhode Island College (8,512 students)
- Roger Williams University (4,801 students)
Lowest Net Price
The affordability of the traditional schools in the Warwick area can be evaluated through each school's net price. The NCES calculates the net price by taking the total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students and subtracting the average amount of scholarship and grant aid. According to 2014-2015 data, only 2 schools had net prices below $9,000; the remaining schools had net prices above $18,000.
- Community College of Rhode Island ($6,169)
- Rhode Island College ($8,632)
- University of Rhode Island ($18,371)
- Brown University ($22,957)
- New England Institute of Technology ($25,852)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates from the NCES reflect the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who completed their programs within 150% of 'normal' time (e.g. 3 years for an associate's program or 6 years for a bachelor's program). In 2015, the schools with the highest graduation rates in the Warwick area included:
- Brown University (96%)
- Providence College (85%)
- Bryant University (80%)
- Salve Regina University (72%)
- Roger Williams University (64%)
Whether your priority is proximity, enrollment and graduation rates, or the cost of attendance, you can choose from several school options in the Warwick, Rhode Island, area.