While there are numerous postsecondary options within 25 miles of Watertown, CT, this article categorizes public and private non-profit colleges and universities in the region into four areas with data taken from the National Center for Education Statistics. These groupings can help readers narrow their choices and make an informed academic decision.
Closest Schools to Watertown, Connecticut
For those requiring a school close to Watertown for personal or work reasons, there are several within 15 miles to accommodate student needs. See the schools closest to town:
- Porter and Chester Institute of Watertown (0.0 miles)
- Naugatuck Valley Community College (2.9 miles)
- Post University (3.5 miles)
- University of Connecticut - Tri-Campus (3.5 miles)
- Lincoln College of New England-Southington (11.0 miles)
Largest Schools Near Watertown, Connecticut
Students looking for larger schools in the area may be interested in the flexibility and number of programs offered as well as the social aspects of having a larger student body. Here are several offering larger student populations:
- Yale University (12,336)
- Central Connecticut State University (12,037)
- Southern Connecticut State University (10,825)
- Quinnipiac University (9,035)
- Post University (8,366)
Lowest Net Price
The net price for a college or university is determined by subtracting the amount of financial aid the average in-state student at the school receives from the overall cost of attending the school. The following colleges all had net prices lower than $7,000 for full-time undergrads in 2014-2015, according to the NCES.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,437)
- Northwest Connecticut Community College ($5,523)
- Naugatuck Valley Community College ($6,196)
- University of Connecticut - Tri-Campus ($6,442)
- Tunxis Community College ($6,582)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's overall graduation rate is a figure that is calculated based on the number of students who graduate within 150% of the 'normal time' (e.g., three years for an associate's degree program). The following schools boast higher graduation rates - all above 60% - according to NCES figures for full-time undergraduate students beginning in the fall of 2009.
- Yale University (97%)
- Wesleyan University (94%)
- Trinity College (86%)
- Quinnipiac University (76%)
- Albertus Magnus College (61%)
If you compare Watertown-area schools based on school location, school size, costs and graduation rates, you can easily come to an educated decision concerning your school choice.