Only a handful of college options are available for students residing in or near Waterville, ME. To help readers determine if any of these institutions are a good academic fit, we compare them using statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Waterville, Maine
Although there are not too many schools to choose from near Waterville, the schools available are primarily 4-year institutions with undergraduate programs. A couple of schools offer graduate level programs as well.
- Colby College (located downtown)
- Thomas College (located downtown)
- Kennebec Valley Community College (3.6 miles from downtown)
- Kaplan University-Augusta Campus (14.7 miles from downtown)
- University of Maine at Augusta (14.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Waterville, Maine
The largest schools near Waterville all have less than 5,000 students. Large private schools slightly outnumber the public schools available in the area.
- University of Maine at Augusta (4,664 students)
- Kennebec Valley Community College (2,401 students)
- Colby College (1,847 students)
- Thomas College (1,404 students)
- Unity College (601 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Cost
The NCES determines the net cost of attending a particular college by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received at the school from the total cost of attendance (tuition, fees, room, board, books, and other expenses) for a full-time undergraduate. This information can be vital for students who are trying to decide between colleges. At Waterville-area schools, the net costs tend to be under $22,000. All net costs given are from the NCES for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Kennebec Valley Community College ($8,736)
- University of Maine at Augusta ($8,837)
- Kaplan University-Augusta Campus ($15,108)
- Colby College ($18,908)
- Thomas College ($19,836)
Highest Graduation Rate
Students can gauge the likelihood of success at a particular college by considering the graduation rates for the school. The NCES determines a school's overall graduation rate by looking at how many full-time undergraduate students complete their programs within 150% of normal time - six years for a bachelor's degree, for example. In Waterville, NCES reports show that students can find schools with graduation rates higher than 40% for 2015.
- Colby College (94% graduation rate)
- Unity College (54% graduation rate)
- Thomas College (45% graduation rate)
- Kennebec Valley Community College (35% graduation rate)
- University of Maine at Augusta (14% graduation rate)
There are only a few traditional schools near Waterville, ME, but they differ in location, size, price, and graduation rates enough that students should be able to find a school that fits their preferences.