Learn about public and private non-profit institutions in or near Waukesha, Wisconsin. The following data, culled from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), includes graduation rates, student populations, and net prices.
Closest Schools to Waukesha, Wisconsin
There are three universities and two colleges within an 11-mile radius of downtown Waukesha. One university is located directly downtown. For those seeking a school near Waukesha, look into the following institutions:
- Carroll University (located downtown)
- Waukesha County Technical College (located 5.3 miles from downtown)
- Ottawa University - Milwaukee (located 6.8 miles from downtown)
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (located 9.0 miles from downtown)
- Mount Mary University (located 10.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Waukesha, Wisconsin
Three schools near downtown had student populations above 11,000 in 2015. The five closest institutions are within a 20-mile radius. If you are interested in studying in a large school, consider these options:
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (26,726 students; 21,898 undergraduates)
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (15,186 students, all undergraduates)
- Marquette University (11,491 students; 8,334 undergraduates)
- Concordia University - Wisconsin (8,268 students; 4,337 undergraduates)
- Waukesha County Technical College (7,928 students, all undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
The NCES calculates net prices by subtracting the average financial aid from the complete program cost for undergraduates studying full-time. Two colleges had net prices lower than $10,000 for 2014-2015. They are less than 15 miles from downtown.
- Milwaukee Area Technical College ($8,934)
- Waukesha County Technical College ($9,746)
- University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee ($13,808)
- Alverno College ($15,553)
- Mount Mary University ($16,741)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES determines these percentages via undergraduates studying full-time who graduate within 150% of the normal time frame. Three institutions had rates higher than 60% in 2015. The five highest graduation rates from 2015 are found within a 20-mile radius of downtown.
- Marquette University (80% graduation rate)
- Milwaukee School of Engineering (64% graduation rate)
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (62% graduation rate)
- Carroll University (59% graduation rate)
- Concordia University - Wisconsin (58% graduation rate)
For prospective students seeking schools with robust student populations, high graduation rates, and low prices, there are numerous institutions in or near Waukesha, Wisconsin.