Students seeking a postsecondary education in or near Webster, TX, will find mainly 2-year and community colleges. Detailed information about a few of these schools, compiled from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) and the colleges themselves, is offered to help students choose an institution that best meets their needs.
Closest Schools to Webster, TX
The closest schools to Webster are mostly public institutions. Students will have the chance to work towards certificate programs, in addition to undergraduate degrees and graduate programs.
- Remington College-Houston Southeast Campus (Webster)
- University of Houston-Clear Lake (2.7 miles away in Houston)
- San Jacinto Community College (7.8 miles away in Pasadena)
- Alvin Community College (11.2 miles away in Alvin)
- College of the Mainland (14.2 miles away in Texas City)
Largest Schools near Webster, TX
The largest schools around Webster, Texas, offer students the chance to attend universities with more than 28,000 students. Some of the other schools had less than 15,000 students, as of Fall 2015.
- Houston Community College (56,522 students)
- University of Houston (42,704 students)
- San Jacinto Community College (28,326 students)
- University of Houston-Downtown (14,262 students)
- Texas Southern University (8,965 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES determines the average net cost for colleges and universities by subtracting the amount of financial aid students typically receive from the total cost of attendance. Most schools in the Webster area had net prices between $3,000 and $15,000, but some options are more expensive. These schools had the lowest reported net prices for 2014-2015, for full-time undergraduates.
- College of the Mainland ($3,489)
- Alvin Community College ($5,534)
- Houston Community College ($6,712)
- University of Houston-Downtown ($7,409)
- Lee College ($7,622)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rates reported by the NCES represent full-time undergraduate students who began their studies in either 2009 (4-year programs) or 2012 (2-year programs) and graduated in 150% of the 'normal time' it takes to complete their degree program (e.g., three years for an associate degree). The following schools had the highest graduation rates in the Webster area.
- Rice University (91% graduation rate)
- Remington College-Houston Southeast Campus (63% graduation rate)
- University of St Thomas (58% graduation rate)
- University of Houston (51% graduation rate)
- Houston Baptist University (33% graduation rate)
The public and private non-profit institutions around Webster, Texas, have been compiled into four categories to help you decide which ones are appropriate for your college expectations.