Are you interested in enrolling at a college or university in the West Allis, Wisconsin area? Here, you can find information based on data from the National Center for Educational Statistics that may be able to help you make your college decision.
Closest Schools to West Allis, Wisconsin
There are no schools in West Allis, but because it is part of the Milwaukee metropolitan area, there are still many institutions for local students to choose from. Here are the five schools that are the shortest distance from West Allis.
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (2.3 miles from downtown)
- Alverno College (2.8 miles from downtown)
- Mount Mary University (4.4 miles from downtown)
- Marquette University (4.5 miles from downtown)
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (4.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near West Allis, Wisconsin
A larger school may be able to offer you more academic resources and extracurricular opportunities. Of the five largest schools in the West Allis area, three are public institutions and two are private universities. Check out their student population sizes, as reported by the NCES.
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (26,726 students)
- Milwaukee Area Technical College (15,186 students)
- Marquette University (11,491 students)
- Concordia University-Wisconsin (8,268 students)
- Waukesha County Technical College (7,928 students)
Lowest Net Price
College costs are an important consideration for many students, so looking at a school's net price can be valuable. The NCES determines net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid awarded from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. These five West Allis-area schools were the most affordable, as of the 2014-2015 school year.
- Milwaukee Area Technical College ($8,934 per year)
- Waukesha County Technical College (9,746 per year)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee ($13,808 per year)
- Alverno College ($15,553 per year)
- Mount Mary University ($16,741 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES determines overall graduation rates based on the proportion of students who complete their programs within 150% of normal time. If you're worried about completing your degree on time, you may want to consider one of the five schools in the area that had the highest graduation rates for full-time undergraduate students who finished in 2015.
- Marquette University (80%)
- Wisconsin Lutheran College (62%)
- Carroll University (58%)
- Concordia University-Wisconsin (58%)
- Mount Mary University (43%)
Even though there aren't any schools within the city limits of West Allis, there are still many institutions in the greater Milwaukee area for prospective students to consider.