Students who are looking for a chance to study at a traditional school in or near West Chester will have 2-year public, 4-year public and 4-year private colleges to consider. The following schools have been categorized into four groups based on data gathered from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to West Chester, PA
The closest schools to West Chester are mostly public schools. At four of these institutions, students can work towards undergraduate and graduate degrees or certificates in a variety of areas of study, while one school, a community college, offers only undergraduate programs.
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania (1.4 miles away from city center)
- Cheyney University of Pennsylvania (5.8 miles away from city center)
- Immaculata University (6.6 miles away from city center)
- University of Valley Forge (9.8 miles away from city center)
- Delaware County Community College (11.1 miles away from city center)
Largest Schools Near West Chester, PA
The five largest schools near West Chester are mostly universities, though one is a community college. These institutions had more than 16,500 students, as of fall 2015.
- Temple University (38,007 students)
- Drexel University (25,595 students)
- University of Pennsylvania (24,876 students)
- University of Delaware (22,852 students)
- Community College of Philadelphia (18,966 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Schools with the Lowest Net Price
The average net price for a college or university is calculated by subtracting the amount of financial aid a student receives from the total cost of attending an institution. Of all schools within a 25-mile radius of West Chester, the lowest net prices ranged from about $6,400-$13,400. The NCES indicated that in the 2014-2015 school year the following public and private not-for-profit schools had the lowest net prices for full-time undergraduates.
- Community College of Philadelphia ($6,442)
- Delaware County Community College ($6,686)
- Montgomery County Community College ($7,682)
- Peirce College ($7,916)
- Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Brandywine ($13,417)
Schools with the Highest Graduation Rates
The following five private, not-for-profit schools each had some of the highest graduation rates in the area for full-time undergraduates who began their programs in 2009, with rates ranging from 85%-95%. Overall graduation rates are based on the number of students who complete their degree programs in 150% of the 'normal' time (e.g. 6 years for a bachelor's degree).
- University of Pennsylvania (95% graduation rate)
- Swarthmore College (94% graduation rate)
- Haverford College (90% graduation rate)
- Villanova University (90% graduation rate)
- Bryn Mawr College (85% graduation rate)
These four categories sort schools according to factors that are typically important to students and may help you choose a school that fits your needs.