Prospective students in West Hartford, Connecticut can choose between many colleges and universities in the area. To help with the decision, the National Center for Education Statistics provides relevant information about schools in the area.
Closest Schools to West Hartford, Connecticut
Whether you are looking for a public or a private institution, you have lots of educational opportunities in close proximity to West Hartford, Connecticut. The following colleges and universities are the shortest distance from the center of town.
- Trinity College (1.5 miles)
- University of Hartford (2.8 miles)
- University of Saint Joseph (2.8 miles)
- Goodwin College (5.1 miles)
- Charter Oak State College (7.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near West Hartford, Connecticut
When choosing a college or university, you may want to consider the size of the student population, which can play a role in your overall educational experience. For instance, larger schools may be able to provide you with a broader range of academic and extracurricular opportunities. There is one very large public university in the West Hartford area, as well as several midsize institutions.
- University of Connecticut (27,043 students)
- Central Connecticut State University (12,086 students)
- Post University (7,429 students)
- Naugatuck Valley Community College (6,976 students)
- University of Hartford (6,912 students)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
For many students, one of the most important factors in the college decision is affordability. The following West Hartford-area schools had the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 academic year, according to the NCES. These figures were calculated by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student.
- Manchester Community College ($3,981 per year)
- Middlesex Community College ($4,437 per year)
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College ($5,523 per year)
- Naugatuck Community College ($6,196 per year)
- University of Connecticut-Tri-Campus ($6,442 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES reports a school's graduation rate based on the proportion of students who finished their chosen programs within 150% of the normal time. The following schools in the West Hartford area had the highest graduation rates for students finishing in 2015.
- Wesleyan University (94%)
- Trinity College (86%)
- University of Connecticut (83%)
- University of Connecticut-Tri-Campus (58%)
- Central Connecticut State University (57%)
Overall, when choosing between the many schools located in close proximity to West Hartford, it can help to examine statistics from the NCES.