Prospective students in West Jordan, Utah, have many post-secondary school choices that include a state university, community college, and several private for-profit universities. To assist students in making an informed decision, data concerning school distances, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates were obtained from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to West Jordan, Utah
Certificate and undergraduate programs are available in all of the schools located closest to West Jordan, Utah. Out of the five institutions situated within 4 miles of the city, one is a community college.
- Broadview University-West Jordan (2.5 miles)
- Eagle Gate College-Murray (3.6 miles)
- ITT Technical Institute-Murray (3.6 miles)
- Salt Lake Community College (3.6 miles)
- Stevens-Henager College (3.6 miles)
Largest Schools Near West Jordan, Utah
With a total of 31,592 students, University of Utah had the largest student population of the traditional schools near West Jordan. In Fall 2015, this 4-year public university enrolled 23,794 undergraduates. Other schools in the area with large student bodies are comprised of public and private not-for-profit institutions.
- Salt Lake Community College (29,350 students; all undergraduates)
- Independence University (6,025 students; 5,704 undergraduates)
- Westminster College (2,821 students; 2,159 undergraduates)
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (2,117 students; all undergraduates)
- Stevens-Henager College (1,125 students; 1,063 undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Cost is often an important consideration for students who are comparing schools. The NCES subtracts the average amount of financial aid awarded to full-time undergraduate students from the total cost of attendance to determine a school's average net price. Out of all the traditional schools near West Jordan, the following five institutions had the lowest net prices during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Salt Lake Community College ($7,619)
- University of Utah ($12,136)
- Eagle Gate College-Murray ($19,097)
- Argosy University ($19,929)
- University of Phoenix-Utah ($20,063)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate determined by the NCES indicates the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs in 150% of the 'normal time', for instance, three years for an associate's degree or six years for a bachelor's degree. In 2015, the non-specialty schools with the highest graduation rates in the West Jordan area included:
- Mountainland Applied Technology College (81%)
- University of Utah (64%)
- Independence University (63%)
- Westminster College (62%)
- Eagle Gate College-Murray (53%)
The information from the NCES concerning proximity, student populations, net costs, and graduation rates can guide you in selecting the right 2- or 4-year school from the available options around West Jordan, Utah.