Prospective students in West Jordan, Utah, have many post-secondary school choices that include a state university, community college, and several private for-profit universities. To assist students in making an informed decision, data concerning school distances, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates were obtained from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to West Jordan, Utah
Certificate and undergraduate programs are available in all of the schools located closest to West Jordan, Utah. Out of the five institutions situated within 4 miles of the city, one is a community college.
- Broadview University-West Jordan (2.5 miles)
- Eagle Gate College-Murray (3.6 miles)
- ITT Technical Institute-Murray (3.6 miles)
- Salt Lake Community College (3.6 miles)
- Stevens-Henager College (3.6 miles)
Largest Schools Near West Jordan, Utah
With a total of 33,023 students, University of Utah had the largest student population of the traditional schools near West Jordan. In Fall 2018, this 4-year public university enrolled 24,743 undergraduates. Other schools in the area with large student bodies are comprised of public and private not-for-profit institutions.
- Salt Lake Community College (29,156 students; all undergraduates)
- Independence University (10,095 students; 9,779 undergraduates)
- Westminster College (2,477 students; 1,968 undergraduates)
- Mountainland Technical College (2,801 students; all undergraduates)
- Stevens-Henager College (399 students; 324 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
Cost is often an important consideration for students who are comparing schools. The NCES subtracts the average amount of financial aid awarded to full-time undergraduate students from the total cost of attendance to determine a school's average net price. Out of all the traditional schools near West Jordan, the following five institutions had the lowest net prices during the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Salt Lake Community College ($6,812)
- University of Utah ($13,739)
- Eagle Gate College-Murray ($17,514)
- University of Phoenix-Utah (not reported in NCES)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate determined by the NCES indicates the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs in 150% of the 'normal time', for instance, three years for an associate's degree or six years for a bachelor's degree. In 2018, the non-specialty schools with the highest graduation rates in the West Jordan area included:
- Mountainland Technical College (70%)
- University of Utah (70%)
- Independence University (12%)
- Westminster College (58%)
- Eagle Gate College-Murray (78%)
The information from the NCES concerning proximity, student populations, net costs, and graduation rates can guide you in selecting the right 2- or 4-year school from the available options around West Jordan, Utah.