Although the West Lafayette, IN, area is home to several vocational schools focusing mainly on nursing and cosmetology, students in this area will find a few 2- and 4-year colleges and universities, some of which are nationally and regionally ranked. Information about these schools provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) will help students narrow their list of potential schools.
Closest Schools to West Lafayette, Indiana
Most of the schools that are closest to West Lafayette are 4-year institutions. A few of the 4-year schools in the area offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
- Purdue University - Purdue Polytechnic Lafayette (8 miles from downtown)
- Purdue University-Main Campus (10 miles from downtown)
- Harrison College-Lafayette (12.4 miles from downtown)
- Ivy Tech Community College-Lafayette (12.4 miles from downtown)
- Saint Josephs College (32 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near West Lafayette, Indiana
The largest traditional schools in the West Lafayette area are an even mix of public and private institutions. All but the largest school in the area, including specialty schools, have fewer than 5,000 students. Only four pertinent schools provided enrollment statistics.
- Purdue University-Main Campus (40,472 students)
- Indiana University-Kokomo (4,090 students)
- Saint Josephs College (1,066 students)
- Wabash College (868 students)
Lowest Net Price
West Lafayette-area colleges and schools had a net price that ranged from $8,566-$22,901 in 2014-2015, according to the NCES. The net price is a result of subtracting the average institutional or government aid from the cost of attendance for a full-time undergrad. There are only four schools in the area that provided net price statistics.
- Indiana University-Kokomo ($8,566)
- Purdue University-Main Campus ($11,643)
- Saint Josephs College ($16,744)
- Wabash College ($22,901)
Highest Graduation Rates
The graduation rates for all of the schools in the West Lafayette area (including specialty schools) ranged from 11%-75%, according to the NCES for 2015. These rates were based on full-time undergraduate students who graduated in 150% of normal graduation time, such as six years for a bachelor's degree. Four schools provided their graduation rates for comparison.
- Purdue University-Main Campus (75% graduation rate)
- Wabash College (73% graduation rate)
- Saint Josephs College (54% graduation rate)
- Indiana University-Kokomo (30% graduation rate)
The West Lafayette, IN, area has a handful of traditional institutions that provide students with a slight range of locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates to choose from.