The list of schools within 25 miles of West Long Branch includes 2-year and 4-year public and private colleges, universities and training institutes. While most of these schools offer specialty programs only, we compared the five traditional schools that offer a diverse amount of programs using information provided by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to West Long Branch, New Jersey
There is one university located directly downtown, and four more non-specialty schools can be found within a 25-mile radius. These are the closest schools to West Long Branch:
- Monmouth University (located downtown)
- Brookdale Community College (located 6.4 miles from downtown)
- Georgian Court University (located 17.3 miles from downtown)
- Ocean County College (located 22.6 miles from downtown)
- Ocean County Vocational - Technical School (located 23.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near West Long Branch, New Jersey
For those interested in studying alongside numerous colleagues, student enrollment numbers are very important. The two schools with the highest enrollment numbers in this area are both 2-year public colleges and both had over 8,600 students in 2015.
- Brookdale Community College (13,835 students, all undergraduates)
- Ocean County College (8,663 students, all undergraduates)
- Monmouth University (6,394 students; 4,693 undergraduates)
- Georgian Court University (2,122 students; 1,528 undergraduates)
- Ocean County Vocational - Technical School (519 students, all undergraduates)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Prices
The NCES calculates net prices by taking the total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduates and subtracting the average amount of financial aid. Three non-specialty institutions had net costs below $10,000 for 2014-2015.
- Brookdale Community College ($6,468)
- Ocean County Vocational - Technical School ($6,706)
- Ocean County College ($8,659)
- Georgian Court University ($16,614)
- Monmouth University ($29,154)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES finds graduation rate percentages by counting the number of full-time undergraduates who finish their program within 150% of the normal time frame. Two non-specialty schools had rates greater than 60% for students who completed their studies in 2015.
- Monmouth University (67% graduation rate)
- Ocean County Vocational - Technical School (65% graduation rate)
- Georgian Court University (53% graduation rate)
- Ocean County College (34% graduation rate)
- Brookdale Community College (23% graduation rate)
If you are interested in studying in or near West Long Branch, NJ, there are a few different options that provide features such as reasonable costs, high graduation rates, and numerous students.