You can learn more about schools in the Westborough, Massachusetts, area by looking at data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES). Here, you can find information about location, student population size, net price, and graduation rate for traditional, non-specialty institutions.
Closest Schools to Westborough, Massachusetts
Students in Westborough can find both public and private colleges and universities only a short distance away. These are the five closest institutions to downtown Westborough.
- Quinsigamond Community College (9.8 miles)
- Clark University (9.9 miles)
- College of the Holy Cross (9.9 miles)
- Framingham State University (10.1 miles)
- Assumption College (10.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Westborough, Massachusetts
If you're looking for a large or mid-size college or university near Westborough, you have several options to consider. The five largest institutions in the area have between six thousand and fifteen thousand students.
- Boston College (14,317 students)
- Middlesex Community College (9,205 students)
- Quinsigamond Community College (8,452 students)
- Fitchburg State University (6,810 students)
- Framingham State University (6,499 students)
Lowest Net Price
Another factor for students to consider when selecting a college is the net price. In order to determine the net price, the NCES subtracts the average amount of government or institutional aid from the cost of attendance for full-time undergraduate students. The following are the five least expensive options in the Westborough area, as of the 2014-2015 school year.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,384 per year)
- Quinsigamond Community College ($6,758 per year)
- Massachusetts Bay Community College ($11,896 per year)
- Fitchburg State University ($12,833 per year)
- Worcester State University ($14,275 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
If you're concerned about finishing your degree on time, it is important to look at the graduation rates of some of the schools you are considering. The NCES calculates graduation rates by finding the number of full-time undergraduate students who finish their programs within 150% of normal completion time. Here are the five schools in the Westborough area with the highest graduation rates for students finishing in 2015.
- Wellesley College (93%)
- College of the Holy Cross (92%)
- Boston College (92%)
- Babson College (89%)
- Bentley University (89%)
In conclusion, you can decide if you want to go to school in the Westborough area by comparing institutions' sizes, costs, locations and graduation rates.