If you're interested in going to school near Westborough, Massachusetts, you can learn more about your options by looking at data from the National Center for Education Statistics. Let's begin with the schools that are closest.
Closest Schools to Westborough, Massachusetts
The town of Westborough, Massachusetts, located about 45 minutes west of Boston, has several schools in its vicinity. These include both public and private colleges and universities. If you want to minimize your commute from Westborough, check out the five closest institutions.
- Quinsigamond Community College (9.8 miles)
- Clark University (9.9 miles)
- Holy Cross (9.9 miles)
- Framingham State University (10.1 miles)
- Assumption College (10.4 miles)
Largest Schools Near Westborough, Massachusetts
The number of students enrolled at a school can impact learning experiences and extracurricular opportunities. In the Westborough area, the five largest colleges and universities are midsize institutions.
- Boston College (14,317 students)
- Middlesex Community College (9,205 students)
- Quinsigamond Community College (8,452 students)
- Fitchburg State University (6,810 students)
- Framingham State University (6,499 students)
Lowest Net Price
Is college affordability a major consideration in your college decision-making process? If so, you may want to consider net price, a statistic determined by deducting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for full-time undergraduates. Based on NCES data for 2014-2015, these were the five most affordable schools in the Westborough area.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,384 per year)
- Quinsigamond Community College ($6,758 per year)
- Massachusetts Bay Community College ($11,896 per year)
- Fitchburg State University ($12,833 per year)
- Worcester State University ($14,275 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
For students who are particularly interested in finishing college on time, it may be helpful to look at schools' graduation rates. These figures are calculated by determining the proportion of full-time undergraduates who finish their chosen degree programs within 150% of the normal time. According to the NCES, the following Westborough-area schools had the highest graduation rates for students who finished in 2015.
- Wellesley College (93%)
- College of the Holy Cross (92%)
- Boston College (92%)
- Bentley University (89%)
- Brandeis University (86%)
Overall, if you're trying to find a school in Westborough, it can help to examine statistics from the NCES.