Learn about the abundance of postsecondary options available near Westminster, Colorado. We will specifically look at the public and private not-for-profit schools that offer traditional programs and compare their statistics pertaining to graduation rates, net prices, and enrollment numbers, based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Westminster, Colorado
Five schools are within a seven-mile radius of downtown Westminster, including one private and two public 4-year universities. If you are interested in being situated close to Westminster while pursuing your education, look into these options:
- Front Range Community College (located 2.7 miles from downtown Westminster)
- Regis University (3.2 miles)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (6.3 miles)
- University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus (6.3 miles)
- Community College of Denver (6.7 miles)
Largest Schools Near Westminster, Colorado
Six schools in this area had a student population greater than 10,000 in 2015, and four of these schools offer both undergraduate and graduate programs. If you are planning to study alongside many colleagues, these schools might be for you:
- University of Colorado Boulder (33,056 students; 27,142 undergraduates)
- University of Colorado Denver/Anschutz Medical Campus (23,671 students; 14,036 undergraduates)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver (20,676 students; 20,186 undergraduates)
- Front Range Community College (18,747 students, all undergraduates)
- University of Denver (11,797 students; 5,758 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Prices
The NCES calculates net prices by taking the total program cost and subtracting the average financial aid given to undergraduates studying full-time. Seven schools had net costs below $10,000 for 2014-2015. Four of them are located less than eight miles from downtown Westminster.
- Emily Griffith Technical College ($6,304)
- Red Rocks Community College ($7,201)
- Metropolitan State University of Denver ($8,416)
- Community College of Denver ($8,634)
- Front Range Community College ($8,788)
Highest Graduation Rates
The NCES determines graduation rates by finding the percentage of full-time undergraduates who graduate within 150% of the normal time frame. Five schools had rates better than 70% among students who completed their studies in 2015. This list includes three 4-year universities.
- Emily Griffith Technical College (89% graduation rate)
- Pickens Technical College (79% graduation rate)
- University of Denver (77% graduation rate)
- Regis University (73% graduation rate)
- University of Colorado Boulder (71% graduation rate)
If you are looking to study near Westminster, Colorado, there are numerous public and private non-profit schools to consider if you are looking for institutions with large student populations, very strong graduation rates, and low costs.