Do you want to study at a college or university near Wethersfield, Connecticut? Here, you can find information on schools in the area from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Wethersfield, Connecticut
There aren't any non-specialty colleges in Wethersfield, but because the town is located only a few miles south of Hartford, there is no shortage of schools in the area. These are the five non-specialty schools that are the closest to downtown Wethersfield.
- Trinity College (3.3 miles)
- Goodwin College (4.1 miles)
- Capital Community College (4.3 miles)
- Central Connecticut State University (6.1 miles)
- Charter Oak State College (6.4 miles)
Largest Schools near Wethersfield, Connecticut
Students at larger universities often have access to a wider range of educational and extracurricular opportunities. If you're looking for a school with a large student body, you may want to consider one of the five largest institutions in the Wethersfield area.
- University of Connecticut (27,043 students)
- Central Connecticut State University (12,086 students)
- Quinnipiac University (9,654 students)
- Post University (7,429 students)
- Naugatuck Valley Community College (6,976 students)
Schools with Lowest Net Price
When the NCES calculates the net price for a school, it subtracts the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. Of the five least expensive options in the Wethersfield area, four are community colleges and one is a public university. The following figures are based on costs for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Manchester Community College ($3,981 per year)
- Middlesex Community College ($4,437 per year)
- Naugatuck Valley Community College ($6,196 per year)
- University of Connecticut-Tri-Campus ($6,442 per year)
- Asnuntuck Community College ($6,569 per year)
Schools with Highest Graduation Rates
In order to determine a school's graduation rate, the NCES considers the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finish within 150% of the expected completion time. Graduation rate can provide insight into the academic quality of a school, so it can be helpful to look at the figures for students who finished their programs in 2015.
- Wesleyan University (94%)
- Trinity College (86%)
- University of Connecticut (83%)
- Quinnipiac University (76%)
- University of Connecticut-Tri-Campus (58%)
Overall, even though there are no schools in Wethersfield itself, students can find a wide range of educational opportunities in the greater Hartford metropolitan area.