There are many schools near White Plains, New York, for students to consider. The National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) can help by showing important statistics for several important factors that all students should look at as they begin their college search.
Closest Schools to White Plains, New York
Proximity to downtown can be important to some students. The five closest schools to White Plains are all within 6 miles of downtown. These schools are all 4-year colleges. The following are the five closest schools to White Plains:
- LIU Hudson at Westchester (2.7 miles from downtown)
- Manhattanville College (2.7 miles from downtown)
- SUNY at Purchase College (2.7 miles from downtown)
- SUNY Westchester Community College (4.1 miles from downtown)
- Mercy College (5.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near White Plains, New York
Four of the five largest schools near White Plains offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs. One of the schools is a 2-year community college. Most of these schools are located near a large city. These schools located near White Plains have the largest student population:
- New York University (50,027 students)
- Columbia University in the City of New York (28,086 students)
- CUNY Hunter College (22,918 students)
- Nassau Community College (21,558 students)
- St John's University-New York (20,877 students)
Lowest Net Price
The net price of a school can give students a good idea of what they would need to pay to attend. It can also help students with comparing different options. The net prices for these five schools are for full-time undergraduate students from 2014-2015. The first two colleges on this list with the lowest net price are 2-year community colleges.
- Nassau Community College ($3,817)
- SUNY Westchester Community College ($5,802)
- CUNY Lehman College ($7,123)
- CUNY York College ($7,202)
- CUNY Hostos Community College ($7,567)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rates can help students get an idea of how many students actually graduate at a school. The graduation rate is produced by the number of full-time undergraduate students who have completed their degree program within 150% of the normal time it would take. These five schools are all private 4-year schools. The school closest to White Plains is about 13 miles away. The rates listed were from students who began their degree program in 2009.
- Columbia University in the City of New York (95% graduation rate)
- Barnard College (91% graduation rate)
- Yeshiva University (88% graduation rate)
- New York University (84% graduation rate)
- Fordham University (81% graduation rate)
In summary, this information from NCES gives students a good idea of important factors to consider when looking for a college or university near White Plains, New York.