Prospective students in Whitestone have a number of college options in the nearby area. To help students narrow down their choices, we've put the schools into four categories based on data from the National Center for Educational Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Whitestone, New York
Most of the closest schools to Whitestone, New York, were 2- and -4 year public schools. The 4-year institutions offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs to potential students.
- SUNY Maritime College (Throggs Neck)
- CUNY Queensborough Community College (Bayside)
- CUNY Queens College (Queens)
- St John's University-New York (Queens)
- Bramson ORT College (Forest Hills)
Largest Schools Near Whitestone, New York
The largest schools in the area are 4-year private non-profit schools. The next few are 2- and -4 year public schools, some of which offer undergraduate and graduate degrees. The following schools were the largest as of fall 2015:
- New York University (50,027 students)
- Columbia University in the City of New York (28,086 students)
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College (27,309 students)
- CUNY Hunter College (22,918 students)
- Nassau Community College (21,558 students)
Lowest Net Price
Finances are an important consideration for many students, and a comparison of average net prices is a good way to determine how much it will cost to attend a school. The average net price is determined by figuring the total cost of attendance, which includes tuition, student fees, course materials, room and board, and subtracting the amount of institutional and government financial aid the average student receives. According to NCES, the following schools had the lowest net prices in the Whitestone area for full-time undergraduates.
- Nassau Community College ($3,817)
- SUNY Westchester Community College ($5,802)
- Stella and Charles Guttman Community College ($5,988)
- CUNY New York City College of Technology ($6,671)
- CUNY Lehman College ($7,123)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's overall graduation rate is the percentage of students who complete their programs within 150% of the 'normal' time. Here are the public and private, not-for-profit schools near Whitestone with the highest graduation rates for full-time undergraduates who entered into their programs in 2009.
- Columbia University in the City of New York (95% graduation rate)
- Barnard College (91% graduation rate)
- New York University (84% graduation rate)
- Fordham University (81% graduation rate)
- Sarah Lawrence College (79% graduation rate)
We've organized the public and private non-profit institutions in the area of Whitestone, New York, for your own benefit and to help you decide on which schools might be best for you.