Aspiring students in the Whitewater, Wisconsin area can choose between two non-specialty schools. Here, you can find information from the National Center for Education Statistics about the location, student population, net price, and graduation rates of these schools.
Closest Schools to Whitewater, Wisconsin
In the town of Whitewater, Wisconsin, the only postsecondary institution is a public university. Students in the area also have the option of attending a technical college in the nearby city of Janesville.
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (0.0 miles)
- Blackhawk Technical College (17.0 miles)
Largest Schools Near Whitewater, Wisconsin
When choosing a college, student population is an important consideration. At a larger university, students may have access to more academic resources and extracurricular opportunities, while smaller schools sometimes provide more individualized instruction. In the Whitewater area, you can attend a midsize university or a small college.
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (12,360 students)
- Blackhawk Technical College (2,249 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by deducting the average amount of financial aid from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. These are the net prices of the two non-specialty schools near Whitewater for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Blackhawk Technical College ($8,602 per year)
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater ($12,000 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
The overall graduation rate provided by the NCES refers to the percentage of students who completed their academic programs within 150% of the normal time. This figure may provide insight into the academic quality of an institution. For full-time undergraduate students who finished in 2015, the following graduation rates were reported for the institutions near Whitewater.
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater (60%)
- Blackhawk Technical College (26%)
Overall, if you want to pursue higher education near Whitewater, Wisconsin, your two non-specialty options are UW-Whitewater and Blackhawk Technical College.