Within 25 miles of Williamsport, Pennsylvania, aspiring students in search of the traditional college experience have only a handful of available options. In this article, we take a closer look at these traditional public or private non-profit institutions. To help Williamsport-area students determine if any of these colleges or universities are a good fit, we categorized them based on data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Williamsport, Pennsylvania
For students who have not yet decided on a school, it can be important to stay close to home or work while obtaining education. Staying close to home can save money in terms of housing or time in terms of commute and scheduling conflicts. Here find schools that are relatively closer to Williamsport.
- Lycoming College, 0.0 miles
- Pennsylvania College of Technology, 0.0 miles
- Bucknell University, 20.8 miles
- Lock Haven University, 23.7 miles
Largest Schools Near Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Larger schools may offer larger class sizes, but also offer more in terms of schedule flexibility due to expanded class offerings, instructor/section choice and additional club offerings as the student body will be larger and more diverse. If this is important to you, read below to find larger area schools.
- Pennsylvania College of Technology, 5,623
- Lock Haven University, 4,917
- Bucknell University, 3,624
- Lycoming College, 1,353
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The cost of obtaining a college education can be important when considering schools. In order to accurately compare the cost of different schools, NCES uses net cost- a figure arrived at by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received by students from the total cost of attending the school in question. There is a wide gap between the schools with the lowest and highest net price in the Williamsport area; net prices in this area start at about $11,000 up to about $36,000. Listed below are the conventional schools in and around Williamsport with the net prices for the 2015-2016 school year, according to NCES.
- Lock Haven University, $14,394
- Lycoming Collge, $19,007
- Pennsylvania College of Technology, $21,450
- Bucknell University, $35,677
Highest Graduation Rate
Knowing the graduation rate of a school gives a potential student some insight into the success rate of the schools being considered. The overall graduation rate for the schools in the area varies from as high as 90% to as low as 46%. The schools listed below are ordered by overall graduation rates based on full-time students who began school in 2009 and finished their studies in 6 years, which is within 150% of the normal amount of time, according to NCES data.
- Bucknell Univsersity, 90%
- Lycoming College, 64%
- Lock Haven University, 51%
- Pennsylvania College of Technology, 46%
If you are searching for a school to meet your needs, you can compare your options based on criteria including school sizes, graduation rates, distance from town and tuition costs.