If you're looking to attend a college or university near Wilsonville, Oregon, you have a wide range of options. Here, you can find data from the National Center for Education Statistics that can help you make a decision about your educational future.
Closest Schools to Wilsonville, Oregon
There are no non-specialty colleges in Wilsonville, Oregon, but since the town is less than fifteen miles from downtown Portland, there is no shortage of educational opportunities. If you're looking to minimize your commute from Wilsonville, check out the five closest schools.
- Marylhurst University (8.6 miles)
- University of Phoenix-Oregon (9.7 miles)
- George Fox University (10.2 miles)
- Clackamas Community College (10.3 miles)
- Lewis & Clark College (11.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near Wilsonville, Oregon
The size of the school you attend can have a significant impact on your educational experience. Colleges and universities with larger student populations may be able to offer for educational resources and extracurricular opportunities. There are two public institutions near Wilsonville that have over 27,000 students, as well as three midsize public colleges.
- Portland Community College (29,003 students)
- Portland State University (27,488 students)
- Chemeketa Community College (11,454 students)
- Mt. Hood Community College (8,758 students)
- Concordia University - Portland (7,182 students)
Lowest Net Price
If you're concerned about college costs, you may want to look at the net price of the schools you are considering. The NCES determines a school's net price by deducting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. These five Wilsonville-area schools had the lowest net prices for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Clackamas Community College ($5,227 per year)
- Chemeketa Community College ($6,280 per year)
- Mt. Hood Community College ($7,424 per year)
- Portland Community College ($8,754 per year)
- Portland State University ($13,476 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
Schools with high graduation rates may provide better academic resources for their students. The NCES reports graduation based on the percentage of students finish their programs within 150% of the normal time to completion. Based on data from full-time undergraduates who finished in 2015, the following were the five colleges in the Wilsonville area with the highest graduation rates.
- Reed College (82%)
- University of Portland (78%)
- Lewis & Clark College (72%)
- George Fox University (70%)
- Linfield College-McMinnville Campus (63%)
In summary, students who want to pursue higher education near Wilsonville, Oregon have many colleges and universities to choose from, and looking at estimated expenses, graduation rates, enrollment numbers and locations for each school can help students make an informed decision.