Do you want to pursue higher education at a school near Windsor, Connecticut? To help you make your college decision, the National Center for Education Statistics provides information on many of the schools in the area.
Closest Schools to Windsor, Connecticut
Although there are no traditional schools in Windsor itself, the town is less than ten miles from Hartford, CT, so there are a variety of schools nearby. The following institutions are the closest to the center of Windsor.
- Capital Community College (6.5 miles from downtown Windsor)
- University of Hartford (6.6 miles from downtown Windsor)
- University of Saint Joseph (6.6 miles from downtown Windsor)
- Trinity College (8.0 miles from downtown Windsor)
- Goodwin College (8.5 miles from downtown Windsor)
Largest Schools Near Windsor, Connecticut
At larger schools, you may have the opportunity to study alongside students from a wide range of backgrounds. There is one large public university and a few midsize institutions in the Windsor area.
- University of Connecticut (27,043 students)
- Central Connecticut State University (12,086 students)
- University of Hartford (6,912 students)
- Manchester Community College (6,891 students)
- Tunxis Community College (4,055 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Prospective students looking for an approximation of the cost of attending a given institution may want to examine the NCES's net price statistics. This number is determined by subtracting the average financial aid package from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. Based on data from the 2014-2015 school year, the five least expensive schools in the Windsor area were all community colleges.
- Manchester Community College ($3,981 per year)
- Middlesex Community College ($4,437 per year)
- Northwestern Connecticut Community College ($5,523 per year)
- Asnuntuck Community College ($6,569 per year)
- Tunxis Community College ($6,582 per year)
Highest Graduation Rates
Graduation rates can provide insight into the academic quality of a college or university. The NCES calculates these rates by finding the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who finished their chosen programs within 150% of the expected completion time. Of the non-specialty institutions in the area, the following five schools had the highest graduation rates for students who finished in 2015.
- Wesleyan University (94%)
- Trinity College (86%)
- University of Connecticut (83%)
- Central Connecticut State University (57%)
- University of Hartford (56%)
Overall, if you're considering schools near Windsor, Connecticut, it can help to look at NCES statistics on some of the colleges and universities in the area.