The city of Woburn is located just north of Boston, Massachusetts. There are a many educational opportunities for students in the greater Boston area, and looking at statistics from the National Center for Education Statistics can help you narrow down your options.
Closest Schools to Woburn, Massachusetts
Due to its close proximity to Boston, a famous college town, there are lots of educational institutions near Woburn. If you're looking for a school that is a short commute from Woburn, you may want to consider one of the following options.
- Tufts University (5.1 miles)
- Middlesex Community College (6.1 miles)
- Bentley University (7.0 miles)
- Harvard University (7.5 miles)
- Lesley University (7.5 miles)
Largest Schools Near Woburn, Massachusetts
Large universities usually offer a wide variety of educational resources and extracurricular opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students alike. There are several schools near Woburn that have large student populations.
- Boston University (32,112 students)
- Harvard University (28,791 students)
- Northeastern University (19,798 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Lowell (17,179 students)
- University of Massachusetts - Boston (16,576 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Cost is an important consideration for many students. The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. Check out the schools with the lowest net price for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Middlesex Community College ($4,384 per year)
- Bunker Hill Community College ($6,842 per year)
- Roxbury Community College ($6,977 per year)
- North Shore Community College ($7,523 per year)
- Northern Essex Community College ($8,440 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
To determine the graduation rate, the NCES looks at the proportion of full time undergraduate students that complete their chosen degree within 150% of the expected time. According to the NCES, the following schools have the highest graduation rates for students graduating in 2015.
- Harvard University (98%)
- Wellesley College (93%)
- Tufts University (93%)
- Boston College (92%)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (92%)
Overall, it can help to consider factors like location, student body, price, and graduation rate when choosing between over a hundred colleges and universities in the Woburn area.