Prospective students in the Wyomissing area can choose between two-year and four-year public and private institutions. Here, you can find data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) that can help you with the college decision.
Closest Schools to Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Wyomissing is home to only one postsecondary school, but there are several more colleges and universities within driving distance. If you want to keep your commute short, you may want to consider one of the five institutions that are closest to Wyomissing.
- Berks Technical Institute (2.9 miles)
- Pennsylvania State University-Berks (2.9 miles)
- Alvernia University (3.5 miles)
- Reading Area Community College (6.5 miles)
- Albright College (6.9 miles)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (19.3 miles)
Largest Schools Near Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
Most of the schools in the Wyomissing area are small schools, with student population sizes ranging from a few hundred to several thousand students. For students looking for a larger campus environment, there is one midsize institution about twenty miles away. Here are the five Wyomissing-area schools with the most students.
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (8,290 students)
- Reading Area Community College (4,199 students)
- Alvernia University (2,792 students)
- Pennsylvania State University-Berks (2,578 students)
- Albright College (1,934 students)
Lowest Net Price
The NCES calculates a school's net price by subtracting the average amount of financial aid received from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergraduate student. This statistic can help you determine whether a particular schools is affordable for you. According to figures from the 2018-2019 school year, all but one of the five least expensive non-specialty schools in the Wyomissing area are public institutions.
- Reading Area Community College ($9,076 per year)
- Platt College-Berks Technical Institute ($19,613 per year)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania ($22,401 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University-Schuylkill ($24,724 per year)
- Pennsylvania State University ($24,724 per year)
Highest Graduation Rate
Graduation rate can provide insight into the educational quality of a particular college or university. To find a school's graduation rate, the NCES looks at the percentage of students who complete their studies within 150% of the expected time. Based on data from full-time undergraduates who finished in 2018, these Wyomissing-area non-specialty schools had the highest graduation rates.
- Franklin and Marshall College (85%)
- Pennsylvania state University-Berks (71%)
- Alvernia University (63%)
- Albright College (57%)
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania (54%)
In summary, NCES data on the locations, student populations, net prices, and graduation rates of schools near Wyomissing can help you make a well-informed educational decision.