- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 63
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Solving Linear Equations: Practice Problems
Course SummaryThis Big Ideas Math Common Core 8th Grade Textbook Companion Course uses simple and fun videos to help students learn math and earn a better grade. This textbook companion effectively teaches all the important math concepts. Each of the video lessons is about five minutes long and is sequenced to align with the chapters in the Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum textbook.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your Big Ideas Math: A Common Core Curriculum textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Big Ideas Math Common Core 8th Grade Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the math topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Big Ideas Math fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: The lessons use exceptional educators who can take concepts like linear systems and the Pythagorean theorem and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Properties of equality
- Linear equations
- Linear systems
- Function basics
- Cube and square roots
- The Pythagorean theorem
- Area and volume
- Data analysis
- Exponent properties
- Scientific notation
Big Ideas Math is a registered trademark of Larson Texts, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Common Core Math Standards - What Is Common Core Math?
- Common Core Math Worksheets & Printables
- What Is Common Core? | Common Core Math & ELA Standards
- 8th Grade Math Worksheets & Printables
- Common Core Worksheets | Printable Math & English Worksheets
- Teachers Using Videos to Teach Math to ADHD Kids: A Case Study
- How Do Study.com Courses Align With Common Core Standards?
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- 6th Grade Math Worksheets & Printables
- 9th Grade Math Worksheets & Printables
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses