- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 254
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are Natural Numbers? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryLet us help you prepare for the TABE - Math exam with this helpful study guide. Before or after you review the text and video lessons, taking the multiple-choice quizzes can help you identify how you'll do on test day and where you need to focus more study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This TABE Math preparation course guides you through everything you need to know to ace your Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) exam. We'll take you from kindergarten-level counting and first grade geometry to eighth grade functions and algebraic equations. This comprehensive study guide can help you understand all kinds of mathematical concepts covered in most elementary and middle school math classes in preparation for your exam, including:
- Basic mathematics operations
- Measurement and data
- Numbers and operations
- Ratios, statistics and probability
- Expressions and equations
- The number system
About The Exam
The TABE 9&10 is designed to measure an adult learner's proficiency in grade school concepts ranging from kindergarten concepts to 8th grade and is divided into three sections (reading, mathematics and language.) The mathematics section of the exam consists of two parts: mathematics computation and applied mathematics. These sections will take up little over an hour of the total test time, which in total is about three and a half hours long.
TABE Exam Preparation & Registration
By utilizing our expert led preparation course, you'll be able to to familiarize yourself with the concepts you'll see on the math sections of the TABE 9&10. These short video lessons can reinforce concepts you've already learned or introduce new techniques for dealing with concepts you're struggling with. In these lessons, you'll start off learning about basic math concepts like counting and then gradually build on your knowledge as we introduce more advanced geometry, ratio and probability, and even functions concepts towards the end of the course. At the end of each lesson you'll have the opportunity to take a self-assessment quiz so that you can track your progress and focus in on areas you're struggling with.
The registration process is typically handled by the administrator and varies by location.
Scoring the TABE Exam
Your test administrator will be able to provide you with your scores in either an online or a paper format. Unlike some tests the TABE is not designed with a pass-fail system in mind. Instead, the exam is meant as a guidance tool for adjustments in your own education. It allows instructors to see what areas you're struggling with so that they can either suggest new instructional programs or provide more instruction in a particular area.
Total Questions: 40
Time to Complete: 24 Minutes
Exam Topics Covered: Adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing whole numbers; decimals; fractions; integers; percents; order of operations; algebraic operations
What You'll Study: In this course, we cover basic concepts found in basic arithmetic and then reinforce these concepts through example problems before moving on to progressively more advanced concepts, such as converting from decimals to fractions, order of operations, and percents.
Total Questions: 50
Time to Complete: 50 minutes
Exam Topics Covered: Number and number operations; computation in context; estimation; measurement; geometry and spatial sense; data analysis; statistic and probability; patterns, function, and algebra; problem solving and reasoning
What You'll Study: This prep course covers techniques on applying these concepts in different kinds of problems. Lessons on recognizing and representing whole numbers; calculating mean, median, mode and range; linear and non-linear functions; and solving various kinds of word problems are also included
Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) is a registered trademark ofMacmillan/McGraw-Hill School Publishing Company, which is not affiliated with Study.com
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Can Music Help Children with ADHD Focus While Studying?
- Is the Pomodoro Technique Helpful While Studying Online?
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Autism Studies Abroad Help Back Home
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- 20 Web Apps to Help You Learn More and Study Less
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Digital Graphic Art Designer Employment Information and Requirements for Starting a Career in the Digital Graphic Art Professions
- Interior Design Schools in Seattle
- Engine Technician Job Description and Information About Becoming an Engine Technician
- Cardiac Sonography Technologist Job Description and Information About a Career in Cardiac Sonographical Technology
- Treatment Center Drug Counselors Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Treatment Center Counselor for Drugs and Alcohol Addiction
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses