- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 75
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is the FTCE General Knowledge Test?
This course can be found in: FTCE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 30+ FTCE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis self-paced study course addresses all the topics you'll find on the FTCE General Knowledge Mathematics subtest. Use our bite-sized video lessons and mini quizzes to check your understanding of the concepts and make sure you're ready for test day. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in FTCE General Knowledge Test (GK) (828): Mathematics Subtest Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related FTCE Courses
About This Course
This course can help those preparing for the Florida Teacher Certification Examination (FTCE) Mathematics subtest. The course can enable you to demonstrate an understanding of the four mathematics operations, as well as measurement, algebra and data interpretation. Not only will the lessons demonstrate how to make comparisons and find solutions, but it also helps you develop higher-order thinking skills to make inferences and evaluate conclusions. Our short video lessons are designed to be entertaining and engaging, making them a fun and efficient way to review material for this test. Instructors can be reached at any time via an online contact form if you have any questions regarding these subjects.
Check out our FTCE test prep materials! We've got FTCE courses to teach you the material, comprehensive FTCE study guides to help you study, FTCE practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational FTCE resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This guide helps you meet such objectives as solving simple operational and word problems; calculating area and volume, understanding properties of shapes, and evaluating algebraic expressions. You should also be able to:
- Use a number line
- Read and interpret bar graphs
- Calculate the mean, median, mode and range
- Perform conversion in the metric system
- Draw conclusions from sample surveys
- Solve linear inequalities
- Utilize quadratic formulas in real life situations
- Apply geometric formulas
- Make estimates and predictions using data
- Calculate probabilities
This portion of the FTCE General Knowledge test study guide, which addresses topics in mathematics you will find on the test, is broken down into 8 chapters containing a total of 63 lessons in video or text formats. Lessons are accessible from any device 24/7, making it possible for self-paced and convenient study time.
FTCE General Knowledge Mathematics Subtest Exam Information
The FTCE General Knowledge exam measures the basic knowledge of aspiring teachers before they begin working in the classroom. The Mathematics subtest is one of four subtests that must be passed before teachers in Florida are granted certification in this field.
- Number of Questions: 45 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 100 minutes
- Exam Cost: $130 (for any combination of subtests)
FTCE General Knowledge Mathematics Subtest Exam Breakdown
|FTCE General Knowledge Mathematics Subtest Exam Concept||Percent of the General Knowledge Mathematics Subtest Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Knowledge of number sense, concepts and operations||17%||7 questions||12|
|Knowledge of geometry and measurement||21%||9 questions||14|
|Knowledge of algebraic thinking and the coordinate plane||29%||13 questions||18|
|Knowledge of probability, statistics and data interpretation||33%||14 questions||19|
Preparing & Registering for the FTCE General Knowledge Test
By using our study guide, you'll become familiar with the concepts included on the FTCE General Knowledge Mathematics subtest. The engaging videos can help you review topics studied in college courses and possibly fill in a few holes in your math learning. You can learn about the order of operations, ratio and proportion, linear equations, and analysis of data sets. At the end of each short lesson, you'll find a multiple-choice quiz to gauge your grasp of the information being taught. These quick quizzes can also serve as a handy way to practice for the format of the actual FTCE General Knowledge test.
You can make an appointment to take this test at any time of the year, either online or by phone. On test day, a math reference sheet and online calculator will be provided in the testing center.
Scoring the FTCE General Knowledge Mathematics Subtest
Your test scores will be available online within 4 weeks of the exam date. In order to pass this subtest, a scaled score of at least 200 is required, or 69% of the questions answered correctly. FTCE scores for the multiple-choice style subtests are reported as either pass or fail on the date that you take the test.
Florida Teacher Certification Examinations (FTCE) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- Study.com Updates
- What Are Some Online Video Mathematics Courses that Would Assist ME in Physics?
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- What Are Some Online Courses that Will Assist in the Understanding of Data Structure Concepts?
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Setting Students Up for Success with Study.com's Courses
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Boat Engineer Job Description Duties and Requirements
- Tax Preparer Educational Requirements to Be a Tax Accounting Professional
- Health Information Technology Career Education in Sandy, Utah
- Speech Pathology Assistant Job Description Duties and Requirements
- Salary and Career Information for a Studio Photographer
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses